Wednesday, August 26, 2009

that God wink I mentioned?

About a week and a half ago, Jami & I went out to pick up her car, and she treated me to dinner at a Chinese restaurant. My fortune cookie said, "A pleasant surprise is in store for you soon."

Now I normally don't think much of those things. They get their due giggles, and that's about it. But I kept that one. Stuck it in my purse and have been totin' it around with me ever since.

Any of you reading this regularly know how I've drug my feet in the job search, while simultaneously trying to get up the gumption to start it. The first and only interview came to me via a phone call while I was at home in my pajamas playing a video game (chuckle).

I went to it scared to death, but then came out of it excited and hopeful and really touched by what good people I met. I was told that they had some more to interview, and the ones they like would be called back to talk with the administrator.

She just called me a few minutes ago. She caught me doing housework with the iPod screwed into my ears (the WoW Insider podcast). I was sweaty and panting and smelling like vinegar and lavendar, and pert near didn't hear the phone ring! But I did, and it was her offering me the job!

So I got the job and I start Monday morning! A God wink indeed! This feels good and right on sooooo many levels!

1 comment: