"Start as you mean to go on" is a phrase I first heard on Brenda Dayne's podcast Cast On. And this is kinda weird doing a first post. So I thought I'd start, well, as I mean to go on.
I'd like this to be where I share my design processes, as well as ramblings, so here goes with the first pattern (even if it is a little dinky one).
- Lion Brand Magic Stripes sock yarn
- US size 4 straight needles (you'll need three)
- CO 30 stitches, using straight needles.
- Work 1x1 ribbing for 1/2 inch.
- Work stockinette for 3 1/2 inches, until the entire thing totals 4 inches.
- Divide them on two needles, and BO using the 3-needle BO method and right sides together. Seam up the remaining open side.
I made a really long I-cord for a strap, so I could wear it around my neck. This being a quickie project, the self-striping yarn was a hoot to use. It only took me about 2 hours to finish.