Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers' Day!

Happy Mothers Day!

I hope everyone has at least phoned their mom, if not gifted her with yarn, needles, and a fresh pineapple like my guys did me. I have a skein each of April's WoW colors in the happy feet blend and three sets of the HiyaHiya 9” steel needles enroute via UPS. I’ll be all squirmy until they get here!

After a pot and half of coffee, here at home in my pajamas in front of the ‘puter, I was off to see my knitting group. Last week, some said they wouldn’t be here for today’s because of Mother’s Day, but sheesh. Everybody? One person was there knitting, and it was someone I hadn’t seen in ages. Misty, it was very good to see you again. Fellow Ravelers, she’s in my list of friends there, if ya wanna find her (snicker!).

I don’t know who was more relieved to see someone show up, me or her, lol. Don’t reckon we’ve ever had such a low turn out, even on a holiday. After a good chat, and a few rows on the bag I’m knitting, I grabbed the latest in Charlaine Harris’ Sookie Stackhouse series of books for my mom, and came back home. Eating a sandwich as I post this, then my son and I are off to my mom’s house for the afternoon.

Later tonight, it’s steak and potatoes with my guys and a fresh pineapple for dessert. The steaks have been marinating since last night. I’ve got a zinfandel to go with the pineapple.

It’s a gorgeous spring day, the ground still damp from the weeks of rain, but today’s sky is crystal clear blue. The whole of outside smells like fresh laundry, and I’ve got the company of my two favorite guys in the whole world for the whole day. Downright wholesome.

And today I’m a 41 year old woman wearing pigtails, ‘cause it’s just that kinda day.

I am a happy mother.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day you had! My 22-yr-old son came over with a 4-pack of Godiva chocolates, which we immediately shared, and a card that said something like, "your kind heart has taught me so much." Well, there is a light at the end of the tunnel of teenagedness.

    Then we went out to eat, and finally played music for a couple of hours... harp and bass clarinet. I know, it sounds weird, but he's really good, and the two are so low and mellow. Makes ya wanna cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo get that 'light at the end of the tunnel of teenagedness,' lol. Those were tough years.
    I also have a stepdaughter, that we had custody of, who's now 21. At one time, we had our two plus our nephew to raise, surrounding me with teens, and I swear I only gave birth once! lol.
    Watching them pull their heads out of their rears and blossom into the adults they're going to be, is our first reward, I think. Is it selfish of me to be impatient for the second, that of grandchildren???

    ReplyDelete